Monday, August 21, 2006
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
These were created using flour paste as a resist - a technique demonstrated by Zoe at a local contemporary quilters meeting. I made my own stencils and applied the flour paste about a year ago. Last week, after going to the craft show, I was inspired to add the paint (Jo Sonja acrylics with textile medium 50/50). This is what they look like once washed to remove the paste and then dried/heat set.
I took this photo of a Banksia flower soon after purchasing a Canon Powershot Pro1 digital camera and I've used it to test how to upload a photo. Really happy with the camera - now just have to remember to take it with me wherever I go. This blog will be updated as and when I think of something to post. I'd like to use this blog in the future to get feedback on my textile work - which means I'd better go stitch!