Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Birthday goodies

Russ took the day off work so we had the whole day together. We had lunch out in the hills and visited the Mundaring Art Gallery. In the evening we went to see "The Ugly One" play at the new theatre complex in Perth. A very enjoyable day and relaxing day. My sister sent me vouchers so that I can choose some perfume online and I plan to do that this afternoon. My friend Joan has been slowly decluttering (v-e-r-y, v-e-r-y, s-l-o-w-l-y) and last time I visited I suggested I could help by giving some of her hand dyed wool a new home as I had enjoyed making some arty felt pieces recently. So this is the great bundle I received at the weekend when we visited. Lots of wool with some hand spun yarn, some silk tops, and some commercial embroidery threads. Joan used to keep her own sheep so some of this could have been "home grown". Although I'm looking forward to creating with this little lot I'm going to just look at it all for a while until inspiration hits.

1 comment:

Joan said...

You should get more inspired tomorrow I hope :) Let me know ♥