Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blue Dress Altered




This the "after" photo. This was a linen dress I bought many years ago. This dress used to reach my ankles and the skirt resembled jodphurs - there was such a pronounced curve at the hip on the side seam. Because the length restricted movement quite a bit and the hip curve looked a bit odd I didn't wear it much.
I decided that taking in the skirt side seams and chopping 10" off the length would be easy to do and I might end up with a dress I could wear more frequently. I like the easy fit of this dress so much now I'm planning to make a paper pattern in a similar style. As it is such a basic dress shape and uses minimal fabric, I can imagine the pattern will be very useful. I like the neckline and it fits well under the arms.







3 comments:

Joan said...

Good one Lizzard - looks nice...You should be smiling? :)

Banaghaisge said...

That looks lovely! Well done. Reminded me I have a jacaranda blue linen frock of longer hemmage generally unworn in the wardrobe, too...
And what is happening with the denim frock?
XXXX

Banaghaisge said...

It looks fabulous - and so much more wearable!
Good one, xxxx